Thursday, June 17, 2010

CHICAGO x PART 2

_MG_1000
Day 2 started with us at Millennium Park and checking out The Bean.

_MG_1018
_MG_1024
_MG_1066
_MG_1068
 I loved the architecture in Chicago. It's like a miniature New York City.

_MG_1089
_MG_1096
_MG_1111
Descartes Cafe (327 N Michigan Ave) has these amazing gelatto and espresso shakes they make. My combination was pistachio and chocolate!


_MG_1155
While scouring the city, we found some neat architecture to pose next to.

_MG_1170
_MG_1225
_MG_1238
_MG_1267
_MG_1310
Although it was a bit cold, our next destination was the beach. Like an idiot, I actually brought my bikini on this trip as I had no idea what the weather would be like (which ended up being freezing cold).

_MG_1335-2
Based on the recommendation of some people we met, we visited Hancock Tower on our way back around sunset to catch a glimpse of the city before it got dark.

_MG_1339-2
_MG_1340
_MG_1368
_MG_1394
_MG_1402
Did you know that Chicago is "Gotham City?" They filmed Batman there. I was quite surprised! I love the way big buildings look next to each other. It makes me feel so small and fills me with wonder, knowing that the world is so large and there is so much to explore.

_MG_1408
Of course, can't go to Chicago without trying the stuffed pizza! It was DELICIOUS! I'm already craving it now. We went to Giordano's (2855 N. Milwaukee Ave.)
 
_MG_1419
_MG_1424
After dinner, we got dressed up again...

_MG_1455
_MG_1482
_MG_1483
_MG_1435
_MG_1531


We went to check out a bar called the Violet Hour (1520 North Damen Ave). They served the best drinks on this side of the continent, hands down! It was more of an apothecary than a bar, as the bartenders mixed magic with alcohol behind the counter. Each drink probably had 10+ ingredients, and although you can watch them make it, the intricacies and details they put into each substance is just mindblowing. The result is a wonderfully concocted alcoholic drink that set me into quite a spell. No photos were taken inside as they had weird house rules we didn't want to break. But if there's one awesome place you should check out in Chicago, it's definitely the Violet Hour!

Below are pictures I found from Google of the Violet Hour. It's a VERY interesting space with a hidden door. We walked right past it and if it weren't for the GPS on my iPhone, I would've very easily missed it for good.




Part 3 coming soon.... stay tuned!

8 comments:

Mona said...

loving the pictures!!!

Tammy said...

Wow the architecture is so amazing! Living where I live you don't see a lot of nice buildings XD

You look sooo gorgeous, especially with that hot little red number! Where did you get that outfit??? Your peacoat is so cute too :)

Unknown said...

greats picc.. and ur red dress soo lovely =)

Wing said...

Wow, the pics look so vivid. I especially like the one you took of the Hancock Tower. It looks like a piece of art. And thats an interesting fact, I thought Gotham City was made for the film... like they built some parts of the city in a big warehouse or something. But now I see some of the scenes are from Chicago. Nice!

Ken said...

that is such a nice coat
but u look ravishing in that dress


and please join my giveaway!
http://kenchanayoh.blogspot.com/2010/06/gift-of-giving-away.html#comments

BeautyOnTheWay said...

I'm so enjoyed with your photos! love them!

Shanghainesedumpling said...

Thank you for sharing Liang, you looked amazing with that red dress!!!!!

Shanghainesedumpling said...

Thank you for sharing Liang, you looked amazing with that red dress!!!!!

 
Google Analytics Alternative