Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lazy Sunday Brunch at Perla's

Sundays are bittersweet. It's still the weekend, but it's the last few hours of it and inevitably Monday will roll around where we all must return to work or school. The one part I do look forward to most on Sundays is brunch. Waffles? French toast? Eggs Benedict? Omlettes? YES, PLEASE. I've always heard great things about Perla's brunch and took the chance to find out. We ordered the lobster roll, which almost made me shed a tear at how delicious it was. We also got the brioche french toast, which comes topped with a scoop of coconut sorbet and toasted coconut. It. Was. Delicious.

As if I didn't already stuff myself silly, we were right next to a crepe truck (which was also next to an animal adoption truck) and I would not be me if I said no to crepes. So I got the mango and sticky rice crepe from Crepes Mille. It was only okay. Not as good as the real thing at Thai restaurants, namely because it lacked the signature coconut milk (I seem to be on a coconut kick). And speaking of coconut, I have recently discovered the most delicious coconut cream pie in Austin and possibly the planet--AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE PIE! You can find it at Woodland on South Congress in Austin. It's terribly good. So terribly good that no matter how full I am from dinner, I can't say no. Please don't cheat yourself out on life by missing this slice of heaven. You must get it. Must.

1 comment:

Mai Pang said...

nice images (: &   blog 

CMPang x

 
Google Analytics Alternative